Simplified Loader mobile apps can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or iOS App store. All Simplified Loader apps have an SL prefix. Simplified Loader apps are compatible with both phones and tablets. Click on the link below to view apps available to download from iOS App Store or Android Play store.
First-time app setup
This step applies if you have Company Code and Passcode to set up the environments. Skip the steps in this section if you added the environment by adding the environment alias and URL in the mobile app.
To use the Simplified Loader mobile app, the user needs to perform a one-time setup to link the Simplified Loader app with the Oracle Fusion environments used by your organization. Every user must complete these steps:
1. Every Simplified Loader mobile app needs Connection Type, Company Code, and Passcode. The user uses these details to link the Simplified Loader app with their organization’s Oracle Fusion environments. Refer to your company´s administrator or IT support to obtain these details.
2. Launch the app on your mobile device. While loading the app, you will briefly see the launch screen with the Simplified Loader logo, followed by the screen to ensure that you are a valid user of the Simplified Loader mobile application. Please read the message and check ´Don’t show this message again´ box, and click continue. This will take you to the login page.
3. From the login page, navigate to the Settings page by clicking on the gear icon under the login section.
4. In the Settings page, scroll to the Connection Setup section. Select Connection Type from the drop-down list, and enter the Company Code received from your organization’s support team. The Company Code is case-sensitive.
5. Click Get Details. You will now be asked to enter the Passcode. Enter the Passcode received from your organization’s support team and click OK.
6. This will populate all environments in the Environment Details section along with a unique app name and valid from and to dates in the App details section.
You have successfully linked your mobile app with Oracle Fusion environments in your organization.
Simplified Loader mobile app supports SSO and Non-SSO login procedures. Please use the non-SSO login procedure if you normally enter a username and password in the standard login screen when logging into Oracle Fusion. Otherwise, follow the SSO login procedures to login into Oracle Fusion.
From the Environment list of values, select an appropriate environment to which you want to connect. Enter the login username and password that you use to log in to the standard login screen and click Non-SSO login.
From the Environment list of values, select an appropriate environment to which you want to connect. Enter login username (no need to enter your SSO password) and click the SSO login option. This action will open a browser window and present you with an SSO login screen based on your organizations SSO setup. Complete the validation steps in the browser. Once validated, the browser window will automatically close, and you will be returned to the mobile app.
After a successful login, the user will navigate to the Tasks page. The Task page lists application-specific features. For example, the Dashboard app contains tasks to query data. In contrast, the transactional app show option to create a new transaction.
- PO Receipts app: The options include getting POs for receiving or returning a received receipt. The user gets a pop-up window to enter the PO number or choose a calendar date based on the selected task. Operations in the PO Receipts app takes the user to the table grid page to perform the transaction. Click here to know more about PO Receipt apps.
- Dashboard apps: Displays tasks to query different dashboard pages from Oracle Fusion. Based on the selected task, the user receives a calendar pop-up to set a date. Tasks in Dashboard apps navigate to the dashboard page where the user sees the graphical representation of data. At the bottom of the Tasks screen, the Dashboard app provides the option to select the target context. The target context value is used to query relevant data to build graphs. Click here to know more about Dashboard apps.
- Transactional apps: Displays task to create a transaction in Oracle Fusion. The tasks page of the Dashboard app also displays transactions already entered using the mobile app. For an already entered transaction, the user can edit, duplicate, or delete the transaction record. The operations listed in the Tasks page don’t perform the transaction in Oracle Fusion, i.e., deleting or duplicating a transaction in mobile will delete the transaction from the mobile app only (not from Oracle Fusion). Changes are made in Oracle Fusion only when the user clicks on the Submit transaction button. Click here to know more about Transactional apps.
PO Receipts app guide
To perform a transaction displayed on the screen, the user needs to select the transaction using the checkbox. The app allows data input to the table grid. Fields that accepts data input are highlighted with a green header. Enter data and click on the Submit button to create a transaction in Oracle Fusion. As feedback from Oracle Fusion, the row is highlighted in either red (failure) or green (Success). The load status is also indicated in the Load Status field. In the case of failure, the Error Message field reflects the failure reason. Any other relevant fields are also updated in the table grid.
After performing the transaction, if the user wishes to re-query the transaction, they need to exit the Transaction Details page and then navigate back.
Dashboard apps guide
This section applies to Requisitioner and Buyer Dashboard apps.
Once the user selects an option in the Tasks screen, they will be presented with data analysis from Oracle Fusion. The analysis is mainly displayed in pie and bar charts. When viewing a pie chart, some of the labels overlap, then rotate the pie chart using two-finger gestures.
The user can view the details of a chart´s underlying data by tapping on the chart. Tapping the chart will take you to the Transaction Details page, where the data will be displayed in table format.
Transactional apps guide
This section applies to Requisitioning and AP Invoice apps.
After a successful login, the Tasks page is displayed to the user. This page contains four sections,
1. Setup: The Setup button is located at the top right-hand side of the Tasks page. The Setup page allows retrieving lookup values from Oracle Fusion and setting up fields for entering the transaction. Click here to read more about the Setup page.
2. Create Transaction: The first option in the Tasks is to create a new transaction based on the fields setup. Click here to read more about Create Transaction (Requisition or AP Invoice).
3. Review and edit existing transaction: The user can review, edit, duplicate, or delete a transaction entered using the mobile app. The changes (editing, copying, or deleting transaction) performed using this section are not sent immediately to Oracle Fusion. For example, duplicating Requisition in the mobile app will create a copy in the mobile app only and not in Oracle Fusion. Similarly, deleting a Requisition from the mobile app will only delete from the mobile app and not from Oracle Fusion. The only action that sends the transaction to Oracle Fusion is the Submit button.
4. Logout: The Logout button is located at the top left-hand side of the Tasks page. The Logout button takes the user back to the login page.
Transactional App Setup
The Setup page allows retrieving lookup values from Oracle Fusion and setting up fields for entering a transaction.
Use the Lookup Values section to pull the latest lookup values list from Oracle Fusion. The user should refresh lookups on a need by basis. To refresh lookups, click on the Refresh Lookups button. After successful refresh, the last refresh date/time is displayed in Refresh Lookups section.
Fields Setup section displays fields based on the configuration performed by the administrator. For each field, the following four options are displayed:
1. Default value - Setup by Admin: This is a read-only field and displays the default value set up by the administrator.
2. Default value - User Override: User enters the default value in this field. When creating a new transaction, this value gets defaulted on the transaction. Click here to view data defaulting logic.
The administrator may choose to disable data override on a field. In such cases, the ‘Default value – User Override’ field will display as a read-only field.
3. Show field - Setup by Admin: This is a read-only field to indicate if the administrator wants to display a field on Create transaction (Requisition or AP Invoice) page.
4. Show field - User Override: Use this field to override the ‘Show field’ default behaviour set up by the administrator.
Create Transaction (Requisition and AP Invoice)
The Create Transaction page allows entering Header, Line, and Distribution details. The user can click on the magnifying lens to search values downloaded using the Refresh Lookups operation. After completing data input in all fields, click the Submit button to send transaction details to Oracle Fusion. When submitting transaction, the mobile app validates if data is entered in all mandatory fields. As part of the Submit operation, the mobile app populates Load Status to indicate if transaction is successfully created in Oracle Fusion. In the case of failure, the failure message is populated in the Error Message field.
Transaction Details page
The Transaction Details page displays the transaction in a table grid format. Transaction details page supports the following features:
View long field values
Long field values are truncated to fit the cell. The truncated values are displayed with three dots (…) at the end of each value. Click on the cell with truncated value to view the complete value of the cell in pop up.
The simplified Loader app makes it very easy for users to search the table grid. To search a value, enter the value in the Smart search field and click on the Search icon on the Keyboard. The value entered in the Smart search field is searched for in all the columns. For example, you can search for an employee name, PO description, buyer, or supplier. Utilize this single Search field to look for any field.
Formatting table grid
The table grid displayed in the transaction detail page can be customized to suit the user’s requirements. To customize the table grid, navigate to the Settings page from the Tasks page. Under the Fields Setup section, you will see all fields relevant to the app. Use the checkbox in front of each field to indicate if you want to show or hide the fields on the Transaction Details page. You can assign the sequence to the field by dragging the field using the finger icon on the right-hand side of the field name. After completing the field setup, the Transaction Details will display data based on the new settings.
If, while logged into the mobile app, a user switches to another app on their device, then they will remain logged in to the app for 15 mins (*) before being logged out. During this period, the app will remain open on the last page viewed by the user.
*15 minutes is the default time setup for auto-logout. This can be changed by your administrator if required.