The Admin setup lets you control configuration that applies to all the users in your organization.
Unlock the Admin Panel
The Admin Panel contains a number of the operations required to set up the template. These operations are password protected as they need only to be completed by the administrator and therefore, should not be available for modification by everyday users. Click here to view detailed steps to unlock the Admin Panel.
This step is required when setting up a Template in TRIAL mode only.
The target environment to which data is to be upload using the Simplified Loader template needs to be added. Click here to view detailed steps to add Environments.
Set Up BI Reports
Simplified Loader templates use BI Reports to retrieve data from Oracle Fusion. BI Reports need to be set up once for each template for each environment. This can only be completed by a user with access to the BI Administrator role. Click here to view detailed steps to set up BI Reports.
User registration for Simplified Loader is administered using Lookup Values. To do so, the System Administrator within your organization needs first to define the template specific Lookup Type in Fusion ERP that will be used to maintain users. Click here to view detailed steps to add users.
Any DFF fields configured in Oracle can be set up in Simplified Loader template. DFFs need to be set up once for each template.
1. Open Admin Panel
2. From the Setup DFF section, click “Setup DFF in Template”. This will start the process to read and configure DFF details from Oracle Fusion.
3. If the user is not signed in to any environment, they will receive a login form to log in to Oracle Fusion. Select the environment and log in to Oracle Fusion. If the user is already logged in, then the Setup DFF wizard will not ask for login credentials again.
4. Clicking Setup DFF button instructs the Simplified Loader template to read the DFF’s details from Oracle Fusion and create DFF fields in the About sheet and DataSheet. After completion, the user receives a confirmation message.
5. Setup DFF section now displays the environment and time when Setup DFF wizard retrieved details from Oracle Fusion.
6. The DFF fields are added at the end of the DataSheet and About sheet.
7. As with the other columns, the columns containing DFF fields can be organized (e.g. moved, hidden, or deleted) in the DataSheet.
Disable Data Load
Simplified Loader templates can be shared with other recipients for the purpose of data entry. If desired, by disabling the data-load, the administrator ensures that the recipient is unable to perform any upload operation. Under such circumstances, if the recipient was to attempt to log in, the following message will appear:
The administrator can control the simplified Loader template version used within the organization. To implement version control, the administrator has to specify the template version in the lookup type description field.
1. Get the version number of the template that you want to use within your organization. Click here to know how to get the template version.
2. In Oracle Fusion, navigate to the Lookup Type associated with the template.
3. In the Lookup Type Description field enter “LatestVersion: “ followed by the template version that you want to enable. NOTE: Multiple parameters are implemented using pipe delimiter.
4. When the user logs in, the login process reads content from both the Lookup Type’s description as well as the user-level Lookup Value’s description to validate the template version before uploading any data. The user receives the following message in case the version specified by the administrator does not match the template version used by the user.
Customize data selection criteria
The SQL Data Model can be changed to accommodate any changes in SQL filter criteria. You can only modify filter criteria, but you must not change the SELECT clause.
When changing the SQL Data Model, you can utilize the parameters present in the Data Model. All Simplified Loader Data Model have SL_USER_NAME parameter in common.
Custom Validations & Data Enrichment
All Simplified Loader Excel templates have a provision to add custom logic for validation or data enrichment. Your organization can utilize custom validation module to implement any logic specific to your organization.
Example of data validation could be:
- For Purchase Order template, only allow value “3 Way Match”.
- For Project budget template, only allow the upload of baselined versions
Data can be enriched using Default value feature. However, if your organization wants to override any field value based on predefined conditions then they can utilize the data enrichment feature. Example of data enrichment could be:
- For Purchase Order template, Matching Basis field value always defaults to “3 Way Match”.
- For Project budget template, Status field value always defaults to Baselined.
- For Requisition template, default field “Submit Requisition after import” to “Y”.
Please contact Simplified Loader support to implement changes in custom validation module.